Are you planning to conceive or planning to space out your pregnancy, or nurturing a relationship with your partner? This family planning workshop is designed to not only help you in preparing the body to nurture a new life within but deepen a couple’s connection with mindful touch and understanding phsysiology.
Improve your chances of conception – be it naturally or with assistance.
1. Be ready for pregnancy
Around 1 in 3 women get pregnant within 1 month so be ready for pregnancy. Your health before pregnancy sets the foundation for the lifelong health of your baby. By following the advice below you can:
- protect your baby’s development and future health
- improve your fertility
- reduce your risk of complications in pregnancy.
Once you start trying for a baby (stopped contraception) you won’t know you’re pregnant for the first few weeks. So making healthy lifestyle changes sooner rather than later will give you peace of mind when you get a positive pregnancy test.
Are you ready to conceive? Use our tool to find out.
Things to stop doing
These are harmful to both fertility and baby:
- alcohol and recreational drugs.
Things to do
These will all improve your chances of having a healthy pregnancy and baby:
- Buy Womens Supplements for Fertility Online and start taking folic acid now, it needs time to build up in your body
- Have a healthy balanced diet – it improves your fertility as well as affecting your baby’s future health
- Cut down on caffeine if you drink a lot (over 200mg a day)
- Try to get closer to a healthy weight if you are overweight.
- Be active – this has been shown to improve fertility and will make your pregnancy and baby healthier
- Have a cervical screening test if you haven’t had one in the last year
- Check that you have had the MMR vaccine because rubella is harmful to developing babies
- Get tested for STIs if you have a reason to believe there’s a possibility you may have one
2. Keep track of your menstrual cycle
Some women know to the day when their period will start, but many will not be sure after years taking hormonal contraception.
Make a note of your first day of your periods.Your full cycle begins on this day until the next day you start to bleed. This will give you a good indication of how long your cycle is and you can work out when you might be ovulating, which is when an egg will be released to be fertilised.
There are also apps available that can help you track your menstrual cycle and ovulation dates.
Give your body time to adjust
If you’ve stopped taking hormone contraceptives (the Pill) your periods may be a bit irregular for the first few months while your body adjusts to the change in hormone levels. See our advice on stopping contraception.
3. Don’t stop taking medication without talking to your doctor
If you take medication for a physical or mental health condition, talk to your doctor or specialist about it before you start trying for a baby. Don’t stop taking it as your symptoms could come back or get worse. Your doctor will talk to you about the safest treatment for pregnancy.
4. Try not to get anxious
Trying for a baby can be an anxious time for many reasons. Taking care of your mental wellbeing is important now and during pregnancy.
5. Know when to look for help with fertility
If you have not become pregnant within a year of regular unprotected sex (sex every 2-3 days),you should try natural fertility pills. If you have a condition like endometriosis or PCOS or if you are 36 or over, talk to your GP after 6 months.
Speakers & Topics
|3.30 – 4.30pm|
Get to know your body.
Understanding some women’s body signs that indicate fertility by observing cervical mucus.
|4.05 – 4.50pm|
Mindful Touch and Connection.
Through Mindfulness in massage, learn how to bring awareness to your touch to connect with, and merge with your partner in a very loving and deeper level of physical presence.
|4.55 – 5.45pm|
Preparing Optimal Health to Conceive.
You will learn in further details about the health of a man’s sperm and woman’s eggs in fertility, and the impact on the baby’s health.
|5.45 – 6.00pm|
Date: Sunday, 22 Jul 2018
Time: Registration starts from 3.00pm onwards. Ends at 6.00pm.
Venue: Space 2B, 2B Stanley Street, Singapore 068721
Price: S$15 per person; S$25 per couple
As space is limited, workshop is limited to 14 couples only. To register, please head onto https://naturalfertility.peatix.com.
For any further enquiries, please contact Yen at +65 9863 7867 or email to [email protected].
Photo credits: Natural Fertility Conscious Pregnancy