Kimchi Tofu Soup
- 250g of kimchi, sliced
- 4-5 cups of stock of your choice
- 1 box of silken tofu, cubed
- 50g pork/beef shabu shabu slices OR 50g of seafood of your choice
- 1 tbsp Korean chilli paste
- 1 tbsp miso
- 50g enoki mushrooms (feel free to use any other sorts of mushrooms)
- 1 egg
For the vegetarian/vegan option, simply omit the pork/beef/seafood and egg.
- Boil the stock and add in the kimchi, miso and chilli paste.
- When the stock is boiling, add in the mushrooms and pork/beef/seafood.
- Just before the pork/beef/seafood is cooked, add in the tofu and bring the soup to a boil again for a minute.
- Turn off the flame and crack the egg into the soup while stirring.
- Serve with rice.
Do note that the type of seafood used would also determine how long the whole dish will take to cook. Pork and Beef shabu slices should cook relatively fast because they’re sliced thin enough to cook quickly in soups.