Ever thought of picking up a low-impact sport that allows you to improve your strength, flexibility and challenge your problem solving skills?
Climbing is just that – and it’s one of the rare sports that allows you little breaks to chat, snack and mingle!
This full-day course is suitable for adults and teenagers age 13 years and above. Participants who complete this course will be eligible to climb and belay their partners at all the gyms islandwide and in the Asian region.This course is certified by the Singapore Mountaineering Association.Attire & What to bring:
1. Covered shoes (compulsory) – Sport shoes work best
2. Comfortable workout attire with bottoms ideally knee-length or longer
- Usage of harness, belay device and climbing shoes
- Basic climbing techniques
- Safety Tie-In knots
- 5-step Belay technique
- Top-rope Climbing
- Bouldering (Climbing Short Walls without equipment)
- Improves strength, flexibility, balance and coordination
- Strengthens forearm, back, shoulders, fingers and core
- Full day of fun for all fitness levels
- Recognised Certification Included – At the end of the course, you will be certified to climb and belay your friends on top-rope routes in climbing gyms island-wide.
- Gear rental is included in course fees
Date: Saturday, 19 May 2018
Time: 10am to 4pm
Venue: Jurong Town Hall Road (exact address will be provided after booking)
Price: S$85 for adults, S$35 for children
To register, please click here.
Photo credits: Funzing